Roasted Potato Eggplant Curry
When the workday comes to an end and life gets in the way, I look to roasted vegetable dishes to provide a delicious meal with not a lot of work. This dish is hearty and easy to meal prep.
- 1 - Medium eggplant, cubed
- 5 - Small red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 - 14oz Can coconut milk
- 1in Peeled ginger, minced
- 4 - Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tsp - Mumbai Spice Company turmeric
- 1 Tsp - Mumbai Spice Company coriander powder
- 1/2 Tsp - Mumbai Spice Company red chili powder
- 1 Tsp - Salt
- 2 Tsp - Canola oil
- 1/2 Cup - Vegetable or chicken stock
- Pepper to taste
Instructions - Time 1 Hour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss eggplant and potatoes with oil, salt lightly and place on sheet tray.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Once cooked, set aside. In a medium sized pot, add ginger and garlic, stir until fragrant about 1 minute.
- Add roasted eggplant and potatoes, stir to combine.
- Add coconut milk, stock and spices.
- Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes until broth develops rich flavor. Adjust with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm over basmati rice.