Roasted, Curried and Chilled Vegetable Soup
A few weeks ago a Spice Rani reached out about how to use her spice kit during the summer months. It is a common misconception that Indian food and delicious flavor are reserved exclusively for hot meals. She requested something that was fun and easy to make but still light and refreshing. We ultimately recommended a modern classic. Today we are sharing a roasted, curried and chilled vegetable soup. If you are drooling tell your taste buds to get hyped because the recipe is below.
Time: 1 hour plus time for chilling
Ingredients & Odd Tools
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 5 to 7 cloves of garlic unpeeled with
- 1 yellow squash sliced
- 1 fresh ear of corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1 to 2 cups of chicken stock or water
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (not cayenne)
- A good olive oil
- A powerful blender
- Preheat your oven to 400. On a sheet pan place all of your vegetables. Drizzle with a 1tsp of olive oil and mix with your hands.
- Roast vegetables in the oven for 35-40 minutes. About 20 minutes into cooking, use a spatula to flip and move the vegetables to evenly cook.
- Once finished, place all of the vegetables in a large pot or blender.
- Add coconut milk, water or stock, and spices.
- Blend until smooth.
- Adjust salt and spice levels accordingly to taste budz. We recommend a healthy squeeze of lime.
- Technically you could serve it immediately. We recommend chilling it for a few hours to meld the flavors and then serving with a float of good extra virgin olive oil.
Recipes like this are a great way to use seasonal vegetables and create deep rich favors. If you’re looking for spices for this recipe, check out our products section and stock up!